Spongy peddle on a 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hite

Reaction score
The brake peddle is very soft is normal I got in my mach 1 and I hit the brakes and almost hit the windshield...

i have the same problem when i drive my Fiances Tacoma. Her brakes are touchy and i feel like i gotta slam them to the floor in my Trac to get it to stop.

Does the 07 have brake assist? My Dodge feels spongy as hell if applying slowly. But hit that pedal quick and man, they are something else. The quicker, or sharper, you hit the brake pedal, the more reactive they are.

grump

Mine seems okay,.......but if yours feels spongy I would take it in and have it checked; request that they bleed the brakes, they can't tell if there is air in the lines unless they bleed them anyway. Now that I think about it, I might take mine in to have it checked just for peace of mind. I've always wondered how much effort they put into doing these types of things when they are being built.

SST, he is still under warranty. He should take it in to get looked at to make sure nothing else is wrong.

Latest posts