Soooooo Disapointed with my wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Suarez

Reaction score
As most Adrenalin owners know, your wheels will soon begin to get that spider vein of corrosion. Mine are out of control. I am going to start looking for aftermarket wheels. I'd consider the older style Lightning wheels or maybe something in black. Does anyone know the hub size and offset I need.

Have you thought of having them refurbishied and treated or tinted. Here in Houston there are wheel folks that will come to your house.

Ford's factory wheel clear coat continues to SUCK. STA wheels are nice, but rare and expensive.

Ditto Eddie, quality refinishing usually costs $150 or more per wheel, but probably worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Eddie. If you like the Adrenalin wheels, but don't like the crappy finish, I suggest you get the wheels refinished. Most major towns have wheel refurbishing shops that do a fabulous job restoring wheels. Even if your town does not have a wheel refurbishing shop, most car dealers and body shops can send your wheels to nearby shop to be refinished.

These wheel shops are able to remove curb-rash, gouges, scrapes and scratches and make them look brand new. They can even change the color to update the look of the wheels. Typically this wheel refinishing only cost about $150 per wheel and only takes a day or two.

....Rich

Had all 8 done here, place was great, over night turn around, cost was great ( I get a discount)

884705dcfd70520adfad084d56c3d99f.jpg

2e4027f47981672e279eb5c282178e60.jpg

f8b0c38b8cd0df45d8bef97e32beccef.jpg

a525cdb9655a7966b2a8b0348504a773.jpg

7830d9a7900a70bb429af7c87361c4a1.jpg

Detroit Wheel and Tire has a wheel exchange program. They have the STA rims in the OEM polished finish, PVD Chrome, or PVD Black Chrome. My 20" STA rims on my 2010 White LTD are pretty pitted too. I'm debating replacing them with a set of the PVD Black Chrome 20" STA rims.

I also like these rims. They're old-school, "muscle-car" looking. A guy from TX in the FB Sport Trac groups has a set on his black 2010 STA. Looks really good.

b1c59a57131603ee65c393bafca4ea57.jpg

They list them in their eBay store for $699 + $299 shipping and a $1000 refundable core charge. Keep in mind that you'll also have the added expense of new TMPS sensors and mounting/balancing.

The only bummer is that the eBay listing says they're currently out of stock. But I'd give them a call if I were you. You never know when they might have some available.

30460f5debd24807c18bf0e4788b1107.jpg

supercharged svt had the black chrome wheels he recently switched to a sve style wheel you may be able to snag them up at a decent deal.

I've also considered the idea of having my STA rims powder-coated. Possibly in Anthracite gray, or black.