Some pics of my Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been on the board for awhile, but I've never posted photos of my truck. Anyway, here she is in her current setup.

4.6 3V w/Hybrid/custom Intake, 4.10 gear ratio, MSD Blaster Ignition Coils, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT X3 93P tune, Big 3 power/ground upgrade, 255/60/18 General Grabber AT tires, 1.5" wheel spacers, Custom triple gauge pod with wideband A/F, DPIC, and volt meter, hardwired GPS, hardwired K40 radar/laser detector, Kenwood DDX419 in dash DVD HU, Kicker 6x8 speakers, Kicker 10" sub, Alpine M500 amp, Blacked out grill, and some other minor mods here and there.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a BIG3 Power/Ground Upgrade. and how do you like the 4:10 gears from the factory setup? Nice setup BTW.

The big 3 is upgrading the gauge size of your starters power wire (4 ga in 4.6 tracs, so not required), ground to block, and ground to frame. The idea is that electricity is like water when it flows. Most of the time a car of truck will have a 4-6 gauge power wire, but a 6-8 gauge ground. This makes the electrical system have a bottleneck that slightly negatively affects overall performance/efficiency. Having equal or greater size ground wires helps everything that uses current (including coils/plug) run with higher efficiency. You may gain a little performance increase, and if you have a bunch of aftermarket accessories like amp/subs, it will greatly reduce things like headlights dimming, voltage drops, etc. It's a cheap and easy mod that has no negative side affects, and does help everything that requires electricity work better.

The 4.10's are a must. If I had to do it again, I would have even gone higher... At least one more step. Makes the trucks acceleration much more fun;)

I have a 4:10 gear set for the rear, but I need to buy a kit for the front since mine is AWD. This is an upgrade I really want to get that done. I'm sure labor is going to be rediculous.

Oh boy, that looks nice and clean under that hood!

Im doing a new coil pack, wires, and plugs as well as a Big 3 in the coming weeks. As soon as my summer cash flow picks up! I hope I can make mine as clean as yours, Im trying out blue.

Newbie here! This is my project in the works. Im in need of some rear spring bushings pretty bad. Any thoughts. [Broken External Image]:.

:supercool:

Latest posts