Smoked or Black Tail Lights?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Kong

Reaction score
I want to get some dark tailights for my '05. Had a couple of questions:

1. Is the lens cover colored or just the inner shell of the light assembly?

2. Which has a more stealthy look, black or smoke?

3. Do these lights diminish safety at all? I know they are DOT OK, but I live in an area prone to some occasional thick fog, and don't want to significantly reduce my ability to be seen from behind at night.

4. There seems to be quite a range of prices on eBay, etc. Is one type/make better than another?

5. Any of our sponsors sell them? I got my black out headlights from a sponsor so I'd like to do the same with the tailights.

THANKS! :)

i got smoked for my 05 dark stone met. ... i love em!

either ones u get, make sure u put a small bead of silicone around the edges to prevent water from getting in them.

i didnt do that right at first, then water started getting in them, so fixed it with clear silicone.

eltee,JMO but I think the color of your trac would look better with a custom tail light assy. Iam usually not into custom tail lights. The color of the vehicle is the exception for me...Kinda like picking the right custom wheels though. Some wheels are nice but they dont go with the car or truck they are on.

eltee,

dont mean to hijack your post, infact, im quite interested in the same info..

just wanted to get a quick chance to thank you for the advice you gave me waaaaay back in January. I posted looking for some advice for first-time college teachers and you were kind enough to shoot me a few emails to help me out and ease my anxiety. Just thought I'd let you know that I had a highly successful semester, with the class averaging 85% and only 1 student failing (some kid who refused to come to class or hand in assignments - never even saw his face).

your pointers certainly helped me become a great teacher, as I received feedback that I was one of the better teachers in the entire graphic design program @ Fanshawe :lol: what a joke! Anyway, thanks again.

If you are ever in the London Ontario area again soon make sure to drop me a line. I owe you lunch.

Latest posts