Silverstars...Disapointed...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, thanks to Cayman at the '06 meet in L'ville, I am running the 9007 wiring harness too.

Is this the harness to which you're referring? (Or one like it?) If so, does it result in better performance from the SS bulbs?

That's an improvement over the one that I have, but yes that is what I am referring to. As to whether is results in better performance or not I did not check the before and after. All I know is that I have only had one (1) Silverstar bulb go bad on me, and that was not a Silverstar Ultra either. The Silverstar Ultras are going on their 3rd year (knock on wood). Oh my, :eek: another upgrade to put on the list: Thanks for the find.

Here's the link to the Site Project (harness is the one exactly like I have on our ST):

Last edited by a moderator:
I put them in my Mustang fogs and they are worse than stock too...I donno?? I also put some in my girlfriends Mazda Tribute and the melted the wire harnesses after a few months.

As I stated in a previous post a few months ago, I bought my granddaughter a 98 Chevy S-10 4x4 pickup. The lights were really bad for some reason. I went to Autozone and studied the options. After talking to the guys there, I bought a set of the SS ultras.

I came home and put them in. I noticed that they weren't a really white lite like the Trac has. I took it out for a drive and noticed the lights were kinda dim looking. When she comes home at night, I can tell if it's her because the lights are dim compared to other cars coming up our road.

So instead of spending 10 bucks for OEM replacements, I spent over 5 times that much for less light. :angry:

As I said before, I won't buy them again.

I have had 3 sets of Silverstars on other trucks and I could definitely tell the difference when driving on dark or dimly lit roads. The problem may be that sometimes people get these thinking they will see a difference almost like installing HIDs but that's not the case.

I would agree. In my 01 ST I have gone from stock to Silverstar to Silverstar Ultras and there is a big difference. I don't even need to use the high beams in my older age, 53 years. I have the Ultras in both the headlights and the driving/fog lights. It could be that what you got was actually regular bulbs that were put in the wrong package at the factory.

I love the silverstars....far better than my OEM's, but I'm always getting flashed from people driving towards me thinking I have my high beams on. I never have to use my Hi's since my low beams are so bright.

Sometimes I forget to turn on my headlights and just drive with the fogs on....they too are very bright.

And mine aren't the Ultra's......wish they made them for the '07+

This is my pic of the difference looking at them. The one on the right is the silverstar ulta. The left is factory_Ron

[Broken External Image]:

Have to agree on disappointed. Replaced the stock lamps with the silverstar ultras and the fogs with silverstars and while the lows with the fogs were somewhat better (read very little...), the highs were as dull as the stocks. I have also had to replace both the ultras in less than a year. Way too much coin for lights IMHO.

Latest posts