Side View Mirrors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Hoppie 2

Reaction score
On my 2005 Sport Trac, the control switch on the driver door that moves (up, down, left, right) the left and right side view mirrors stopped working. I checked the fuse and the mirrors still don't work with the control switch. Anyone have any ideas on what I should look for as it is not the fuse?

the switch goes bad, try ebay. they are not very expensive. Easy to replace, just pry it out and plug in another.

Ditto what Ed said. There is some info about dismantling and cleaning the contacts on the switch that I did a few years ago but that is temporary. Buy a new switch.

I had this exact problem and I did exactly that, opened it up and cleaned the contacts real good. It worked right away and haven't had a problem since, almost a year maybe. I'm also the only driver so I adjust the mirrors to my liking and leave them alone so I haven't checked the mirrors since getting them to work. If I remember when I was in the same boat, I didn't think the cost of a new switch was justified. I figured since I fixed my overhead console w/out buying new I can a least give it a try.

I didn't do it and don't know if anyone would recommend this but I just thought maybe a little dab of dielectric grease on the contacts to keep fresh/moisture out? Does anyone know if this would be a bad idea?

Had the same problem on my 2004. Have had the same problem for about 2 years now. Took original switch, cleaned it. Doesn't work. Checked wiring and fuse. Still doesn't work. Bought a new switch. Still, nope.

Latest posts