1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Should I or not? 2011 Fusion, ESP

Thread in 'Warranty' started by Richard Toms, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Richard Toms

Richard Toms Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Hey folks just looking for a honest opinion here. Bought a 2011 Ford Fusion SE back in March of this year. Car had almost 20,000 miles on it and I got it for $13,000. Car came with a 12 month or 12,000 warranty on it. Just received in the mail that it will be ending soon. They offer 0% interest if you qualify. I haven't called the number to ask what the prices are but, you think it would be good to pay for an extended service plan? I currently have 31,000 miles on the car. Haven't had to do anything other than oil changes. I don't know the history of the Fusions and if they have any problems or recalls.

Thanks for any opinions.

2. Tom Schindler

Tom Schindler Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

If you do plan on getting a warranty, do an online search. MUCH CHEAPER than your dealer will sell it. I am talking a FORD WARRANTY online search.

Tom

3. Keith S

Keith S Active Member 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

If you get the extended warranty through the dealership I would be very cautious. A friend of mine got one for his Dodge Dart. He was stationed in SC and then was transferred to NY. He tried to get it serviced at a dealership in NY and found out that it could only be serviced by a specific chain of dealers, which happen to only be in the Carolina's.

4. Tom Schindler

Tom Schindler Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

That's why one should ONLY get a warranty from the auto manufacturer and not a 3rd party company.

Tom

5. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Previously Eddie S 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Ditto on Caymen....Ford warranty only.

In '88 my dealer sold me a $270 warranty on my t-bird. It was for their dealship only.

I did get my $$$ worth. The climate air computer went out($385). Also after many mod's to the 302. I ripped the liquid filled motor mounts, which in turn ripped the trans mount($200). Since it was a fox chasis. Went back with 'stang mounts.