Should I get the y-pipe or Cat???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
Question for those that have the Random Tech Y=pipe or the high flow Cat. Which one should I get first?? I plan on eventually replacing both parts. I already have a Borla Cat-back exhaust system, and a Volant CAI. Which one will give me the most benefit now? I nelieve they both cost the same.... Also will it change the sound of my exhaust???

I'm going to be ordering my hi flow cat in a few weeks here, and Todd Z says that getting a C&L MAFS will replace the low end that is lost. Your exhaust will get deeper and louder. There should be a clip in my library, and I constantly get compliments in parking lots, or people asking if I have a v8.

ya if you decide to get the y-pipe defineantly order it through Wayne (he'll hook it up) $315 was the best i could find it newhere for, i ordered mine on monday and am expecting it either tom. or thurs. can wait to hear how it sounds...got my flowmaster put on yesterday 2.25 in,2.5 single out sounds alright FOR NOW, thanks again Wayne

Latest posts