Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Gleason

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Monroe MA776 air shocks on a 2004 Sport Trac? I bought a set for the rear of my Trac (rwd) and find the air inlet on the shock to be less than 1 inch from the spare tire. It looks like the tubing will have a pretty good bend in it to clear the tire and cause problems soon down the road.

I'm wondering if anyone else has mounted these shocks on their truck and encountered this too and if so what did you do to overcome it? Mount it and go with it or make some kind of adjustments?

I really want the air shocks to level the truck when my trailer is attached.

Thanks for any input.

If the shock air valve is the same as a tire air valve, then you should be able to install a 90-degree elbow air-valve and extension (if necessary) to give your air-line more clearance and eliminate the tight bend in the tubing?

...Rich

I had Monroe air shocks on my '02 until I replaced them with Gabriel Hijackers about 6 weeks ago. I used the tee fitting in the kit to bring the lines together above and in front of the spare, and ran a single line to the rear bumper. The more conventional way (to me) is to use the tee at the rear of the truck. I didn't experience any clearance issues or tight bends, but it took me longer to figure out how to route the hoses than to change the shocks.

I had Monroe air shocks on my '02 until I replaced them with Gabriel Hijackers about 6 weeks ago. I used the tee fitting in the kit to bring the lines together above and in front of the spare, and ran a single line to the rear bumper. The more conventional way (to me) is to use the tee at the rear of the truck. I didn't experience any clearance issues or tight bends, but it took me longer to figure out how to route the hoses than to change the shocks.

Latest posts