shock strut

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Partridge

Reaction score
Well took the ST in to have the front Struts replaced. Mechanic couldn't get the lower bolts out of the bushings . He ended cutting them off and still had a problem getting them out.

Had to order new bolts from dealer overnight. Only sell 4 in a pack. Assume all four use the same bolts. Glad I didn't start this project at home. 2007:banghead:

Ended up costing a grand including wheel alignment and 2 bolts and nuts for lower struts. All parts were seized. What a difference in ride and ease in turning . Ouch !!!!

Not sure I can aford the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I had anywhere close to that much in all four and I replaced the stockers on mt '07 4x4 with Rancho Quick-lifts that are nine-way adjustable. I did the work myself about a year ago at around 80k miles. No seized bolts anywhere although some of the top mounting bolts were a pain to get to, especially the ones on the rear shocks as you have to reach up between the top of the spring pad and the underside of the bed. Barely enough room for a box-end wrench. The Ranchos come "loaded" which means the shock and spring are already assembled as a set and they have urethane bushings. They do add a small amount of lift but I needed that anyway with my oversize tires. Biggest problem I had was replacing a broken sway bar end link on the rear suspension that I discovered while changing the shocks and springs. Truck rides and handles great.

blksn8k would you have the product number of the loaded rear shocks ? or is it a normal shock not a strut thanks . Maybe Rancho # 801 RS999942 )

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts