Security System Recomendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2004 Adrenalin. Want put a good security system on it without spending for some things i dont need. I dont need one that will start the car, i just want one to protect and secure the car.

Do you guys have any recomendations for one?

Thanks, George T.

I was offered one when I bought my ST, but declined to have one installed.

If your worried about someone just breaking into it, don't leave anything laying inside that would give them an intrest in breaking in. Outside of an alarm type, I've got friends who installed a switch someplace under the dash which breaks the fuel switch wiring.

A basic audiovox will do the trick...

Todd Z

I agree with desertfox. Over the years, I've tried several alarm systems. No matter how much I paid and no matter how much they were the "poop" at the time, my vehicle was still broken into a couple of times alarm and all. Doesn't really take much time to smash and grab and the pro theives know it. Best it does is keep the "honest" thieves "honest"

So, I would suggest leaving NOTHING in your truck that has any value to either you or a potential thief.

Myself, I NEVER lock my ST because I would rather have some heathen thief help himself to what I have rather than pay for a replacement window!!!

George T, It really does pay to put in an alarm in my opinion. The car is basically immobile with the PATS system. As far as contents are concerned. nobody responds to the siren and a small and grab thief will not get caught.

I also say NO alarm; if they want it then they're going to get it, it's as simple as that. Alarms are a dime a dozen these days and people don't pay much attention to them when they go off. Save your money and spend it on additional auto insurance coverage.... :)

I agree with lil red...

I had a mac daddy alarm on my older vehicle (dodge dakota)... with the pager and everything, still had it cleaned out of a high end stereo system.

Is there an alarm that works in conjunction with the key/keyfob? Something that is tranparent to the user? Lock the car with the fob, the alarm sets. Unlock, the alarm disarms.

As a policeman with 30 odd years of experience, IMHO alarms are of some value but certainly not a foolproof deterrant. It will slow down or scare off the opportunist or someone wanting to rip something that is fairly wired in (stereo, dvd, etc.). Some radio thieves can tear out a radio in a blink, but alot are pretty amateurish. The alarms do slow down the searchers, the ones looking under seats, behind seats, etc. for goodies, but if it is in plain view its gone.

Anyway, it is not a huge investment to at least reduce your vulnerability. In my case, my insurance goes down a little if I install an alarm.

Ok, thanks. I guess im going to stick with the factory keyless and their "security"

Thanks again, George T.

Latest posts