seat back

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob k 2

Reaction score
recently i have been having a problem with the driver side seat back,after i adjust it it feels like its locked in place..but it will fall back with a little pressure. right now i have the back seat folded down and it holds it up. is there a gear that can be replaced or do i have to replace the whole seat?

thanks in advance!

2004 sport trac xlt

and a quick second question. my check gascap light is on..i replaced it with a new one and the light remains on..what else should i do?

seat I cant help. For the gas cap. Sometimes it might take a few drive cycles for the light to go out. You can disconect the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes, That might clear it. If not you might need to check the vapor hoses from the filler neck, to the canistor under the truck.

Does anyone know how to hack the seat so it can recline all the way back. I know ford trucks don't seem to recline flat but some people have hacks that they drill this rivet out and they'll recline flat. I took my seat out and didn't see much to play with or cut for it to lye flat. All I see is the spring.