SCT X3 Owners... Need some Help?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
So I have a SCT X3. I upgraded wheels and tires. I need to change the tune for the bigger wheels and tires. I have researched and emailed Torrie. I still can't figure out how to change the size. I plug the SCT X3 into the OBD2 port.

I get: install tune. Go to custom tunes. Select 87 octane. Tells me to turn key to on and pretty select. Tune gets installed.

And it doesn't give me a chance to change tire size. Do I change tire size when I plug the SCT X3 to a PC? Since I can't seem to figure it out... I offered to pay for new tunes, but was told it was easy to change. Well I don't see how to. Also, for the tire that is 35/12.50/20 is equal to 315/60/20 has about 582.78 revs per mile. That is about what the research I have found, tells me. Manufact of the tire, doesn't tell me any info for the revs per mile.

So can anyone help me on changing tire size on the SCT X3 and if the research I found is right for the tire size?

After selecting 87 octane an ADJUST OPTIONS screen should appear. Select SAVED OPTIONS and scroll down to TIRE REVS/MILE.

My X3 has 580 and 585, take your pick whichever is closer. Hit CANCEL - DONE and press SELECT to tune. Wait for prompts on X3 screen. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Although 582.78 is close, site linked below shows 577 Revs/Mile for 35/12.50/20 tire size. Google "tire calculators" and try others to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts