Scratch removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a very vain question, but seeing as how the ST is less than a month old, I am babying it a bit...

Somehow I got a scratch on the face of the stereo and it shows pretty badly when light hits the front. Its not deep, but is still not nice to look at.

Does anyone have any siuggestions on how to fix the scratch? I've heard of super high grit, wet sanding, scratch remover for Ipods, and even toothpaste.

Help!

Thanks.

This won't help much, but may keep you from making a bad situation worse. Anything with abrasives including toothpaste can, if rubbed in make the face worse. You will need a filler and an object about the width of the scratch. I will talk to cleanup tomorrow. (they are auto detailers) They may know what can be used on it. Hopefully someone will know better than I do what can be used. I'll see what I can find out. ;)

Hey Matt! I talked to the Detailing Dept. and they referred me to an interior repair service that pops in every few days. That fellow is a great friend of mine (strange, I forgot about him) and I'm sure he will be glad to help. I hope! :rolleyes: hold tight and check this thread and I'll catch up with him. :cool:

P.S. If you can post a pic of the damage I can show him the pic from work. :cool:

Dan,

The PlastX fixed the scratch, so I am all fixed up. (It was a very small and shallow scratch.)

I'd still their advice for deeper ones for future reference though. (A dog and 4-year old are deffinately going to do some damage over time...)

Latest posts