ScanGauge II Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Had to replace a burned out IP bulb last weekend, so I decided to install the ScanGauge II from my '04 Trac that has been sitting on my workbench for the last few years.

4153e87b42e4297ccaa37a78a6a61c4b.jpg

You'll need to get a straight OBD II extender cable to make it work. The one that comes with the ScanGauge II has a 90-degree OBD II connector, which doesn't fit in the tight area where the OBD II port is located right above the e-brake pedal. I've linked the one I purchased from Amazon below.

My SG unit is an older model. I need to get the firmware updated, and according to their website, the SG folks will do it for a $25 fee if you send it in to them. I may do that in the near future.

Not related to your scan gauge, but just noticed that the temp/fuel gauge is swapped opposite my 07. Wonder when they changed this and why.

My fuel gauge (left side) bulb has been out for about a year now. Just haven't remembered that I need to change the bulb. For the 1 time every few months I'm out after dark I remember.

My fuel gauge (left side) bulb has been out for about a year now. Just haven't remembered that I need to change the bulb. For the 1 time every few months I'm out after dark I remember.

The part # is 6L2Z-13466-A. There are a total of seven of them in the instrument pod. Only one of mine was burned out, but I bought seven of them just to have them on hand for when others decide to go.

I bought them from Tasca Ford Parts for $3.68 each. I've linked Tasca below:

Latest posts