Saw several Chevrolet Tornados last week in Cozumel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Chevy's mid-size truck looked pretty nice. The specs are very interesting, and the two diesel engine options would be great here. Needs a 4X4 model, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
:throwup::throwup:

That wikipedia article says that this vehicle has a "trunk". Trucks don't have trunks... :sad:

The picture on wiki for the 2003 model looks like it is trying to masquerade as a Nissan with the front design and the tiny "Chevy" written inside a silver circle on the grille.

I don't see the obsession with diesel cars, I really don't. Why would I want the hassle of diesel when I could have the convenience of gasoline?

From what I've observed from illegal stop light racing, diesel is still slower than gasoline. Expensive, harder to find, more costly to maintain, and slow. The only advantage it has is the beastly torque at low RPM, right? Well why would I need that in a "truck" that can only carry 1,620 lbs in its trunk? The thing isn't moving several ton trailers, especially not with that FWD.

Plus, it's a Chevy.

BTW, isn't the name "tornado" already taken in the automotive world by that scam product that you're supposed to stuff in your exhaust pipe and air intake to increase their efficiency using "vortex technology" ?? :bwahaha:

Latest posts