Rust Protection

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been reading about CounterAct Rust Inihibitor, which is a rust-protection system which spreads a negative charge throughout the vehicle and "effectively" stops rust from forming or spreading (if its already on the truck). They have a whole bunch of customer testimonies, but I'm still quite apprehensive about this new technology.

We are expecting SNOW in Ontario this week, and I need to get my butt moving on some winterization for my beautiful (rust-free) ST..

Has anybody had any experience with this technology before? And if so, what do you think of it? would I be better off with the typical sludge sprayed to the bottom of the truck that dripps all over the fricken place?:eek:

ST

most of your sport trac is made of aluminum... Aluminum and electricity = pit corrosion...

I would recommend rhino lining the underside of your car but its not cheap cuase you have to remove or mask all the stuff that cannot be rhino lined

I read their blurb. seems a little shacky to me. They say that they setup a capacitive coupling between their voltage source and their self stick plate acting as a capacitor. If these capacitors are electrically in parallel they just act like one larger capacitor. There is no sacrificial anode used. I think I'd save my money on this and do a lot more research.

Latest posts