Roof railing weight capacity - help please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ Smith

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My wife and I are now the proud owners of a cascadia (CVT) roof top tent. We have been driving our 2002 sport trac for years and love it to death. Our hope is to find a way to mount our new tent to the factory roof railing that comes w/ all sport tracs. The issue I'm having is that I can't seem to find the weight capacity for the roof or the rails anywhere! I hVe looked online and gone through the owners manual non stop and come up with nothing.

Please keep in mind that we do NOT intend on putting this tent on factory crossbars, but rather after market cross bars such as Thule or Yakima. Can any body help me keep this project moving? We just want to use our tent already!

its only 150lbs evenly distributed.

Todd Z

its only 150lbs evenly distributed.

WOW, I'm almost double over that. I would think at 6'2", the length of the roof would be very uncomfortable for me. My idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn Express...LOL!

I'm glad to see some since of humor here. I was going to recommend getting a big fat girl to go sit on them rails and if they bend her weight would be too much LOL.