Roof moulding on 01 Trac (2 strips on back slope of roof)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
Finally got around to giving my '01 a thorough cleaning, wash & wax this weekend. As I did so, I noticed that the two moulding strips on the back of the roof that slope down from the top to the back are cracked and pretty much garbage. So, two questions:

1) Can I just remove them and (depending on how it looks) leave them off, or is that going to cause leaks/problems?

2) If I do need to replace them, any idea what the part numbers are or a cheap(er) place to get them? Are they easy to pull off of a junked Trac, assuming I can find a black one with them intact?

Only one side is available new anymore so I've been searching for awhile and haven't had any luck in junkyards. Every ST I've found they've been already broken off or in terrible condition. To remove them you have to get access above the headliner in the rear to remove the 2 nuts that hold them on from inside.

I'm planning to repaint my truck before too much longer and am going to have those seams smoothed over along with filling the holes from my roof rack, so I've pretty much given up looking. If you're truly getting a leak from the missing molding (and not the 3rd brake light) then you could probably just use a little silicone sealant around the two pins that go through the roof to hold them on.

Latest posts