Roger CLEMENS - MLB FUNNY!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
i was just on ebay and found this picture of roger clemens.

could not stop laughing :lol::lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Maybe his life has always been a mess, but people are just now finding out about it. He should have stayed retired, and just faded out of the limelight.

What does a Las Vegas black jack dealer and Roger Clemens have in common?

They both hit on 15.

:rolleyes:

...which is only one year below the majority of states' age of consent...and in most places, 2 years after sexual activity has commenced.

I don't see the big scandal here. 15 is 10th grade, and by then many a girl has "experience" in our day and age. With "gangsta culture" and mtv and other teen targeted media promoting the idea that you should be going for these sort of "exploits" as soon as you can, as often as you can, blaming clemens isn't completely justified.

For 600 years the age of consent in britain was 12. The current spain age of consent is 13.

We've always had this whole "underage" sex thing going on, just now we have made it so that girls are cultured towards it in a very open manner.

For 600 years the age of consent in britain was 12. The current spain age of consent is 13.

14 in Canada, they are trying to change that to 16 though. . .

The US is so hypocritical on this subject :( We say that 15 year olds doing this sort of thing is unthinkable, yet at the same time we have day care centers at all the public high schools to care for the children born of our students. We know it is happening :(

(and because the us is so hypocritical, many of our dollars and citizens seem to mysteriously go to thailand and cambodia....)

Canada is more progressive, I guess. (in a non-hillary way)

Kevin L said:
I don't see the big scandal here. 15 is 10th grade, and by then many a girl has "experience" in our day and age.

The big scandal is that in most states the age of consent is higher than 15 because the conventional wisdom is that a 15 year old lacks the emotional maturity to be in a sexual relationship with an adult. Likewise, it is to protect the child who, due to their age, would be vulnerable to the often predatory sexual advances of an adult.

Some guy in their 30s or 40s trying to hook-up with a 15 yo girl is pretty darn sick, no matter how you look at it, and which state (or country) you are in.

Kevin L also said:

The US is so hypocritical on this subject We say that 15 year olds doing this sort of thing is unthinkable, yet at the same time we have day care centers at all the public high schools to care for the children born of our students. We know it is happening

No, it is NOT hypocritical. Recognizing the reality that some young kids have sex and have children of their own, and creating programs that deal with that unfortunate circumstance is compassionate. It is what we should do. It shouldn't be confused as sanctioning the behavior, anymore than treating battered wifes in a ER is some sanction for wife beating.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
15 is only one year below 16. Where do you draw the line?

Is any one truly "mature" at 18?

People get suckered by advances on any subject at any age..."there's a sucker born every minute" comes to mind.

Where do you draw the line for what age hookup is sick? It's ok if a guy in his 20s hooks up with a teenage girl? It's ok if 2 teens hook up? But it's a crime if a guy in his 30s does the same thing?

That sounds rather hypocritical to me.

People try to redefine paraphilias to fit these relationships, but their redefinitions don't fit. 40 to 16 isn't technically a pedophile. 40 to 11 would be, but then again, so would 18 to 11.

There is no paraphilia related crime, so there is only the age of consent involved, so all he would have had to do was wait a year and it would have been ok? That's all I see out of this situation, and since it is just the matter of one mere calendar year, I don't see the big issue.

Kevin L said:
15 is only one year below 16. Where do you draw the line?

Some states draw that line at between 15 and 16. Others between 12 and 13. Yes, it is subjective, but a 40 year old and a 15 year old, or a 16 year old, or a 17 year old for that matter isn't subjective, just sick.

The big issue is that there is a line, and it was crossed.

TJR

we have day care centers at all the public high schools to care for the children born of our students.

Where the hell is this happening? I have never heard of this.

My daughter's old high school in Kentucky has had this for many years. In fact, this existed at that school when my ex-wife was in high school there (she wasn't one of the moms in that school).

In Moore, Oklahoma (a suburb of Oklahoma City), they had a small school set up for young mothers so they could finish school. Part of their coursework was "home skills", and the girls took care of each others' children during the school day.

I don't think every public school has these, but it is very common to have some sort of program in the bigger cities, to keep young mothers in school and prevent them from becoming a bigger burden on society.

Regarding underage sex, I made it very clear to my daughter that if I ever caught her with a boy/man before her age, I would make sure he went to jail. Of course, I also challenged her to wait as long as I did before having sex (above the legal age in all states), unless she was married first. Her mom did that younger than my daughter's current age, so that challenge wouldn't have worked well. As far as I know, she is still pure at 16. She knows she is legal, but she is still being good.

We have these at high schools on the end of peninsula, surrounded by farms, 20 miles removed from civilization as we know it. Almost every school in my state has one...except now the girls who take the classes can accumulate "90 hours in a daycare environment" and then be certified to go work in child care.

**Note that you don't actually have to give birth in high school to get into these daycare "completer programs", but it is set up so that students who want to work with kids get free experience and legal entry into that career field, thanks to the students who decided to apply what they learned in their parenting classes ;)

Married before 16? I am having some trouble wrapping my mind around that.

Regarding underage sex, I made it very clear to my daughter that if I ever caught her with a boy/man before her age, I would make sure he went to jail.

Only if the law is on your side. A workmate found his daughter in bed with an 18 year old boy. She was 14 at the time. He could NOT be charged with rape BECAUSE he was 1 day shy of being 4 years older than her.

No going to jail for that.

Teach the kids right and teach them morals and you will have nothing to fear.

Tom

Wow, I guess that I grew up in way too small of a town (not having any kids probably helps keep me ignorant about these things too.)

Rocks

Latest posts