Resistor or switch problem? blower motor works only on speeds 1, 2, & 4, but not 3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Anton

Reaction score
I'm looking for help determining what part I need. I have a 2001 Sport trac with manual climate control. The blower switch works in positions 1, 2, & 4. The fan operates in position 3, but only at the speed from position 2.

Is this a resistor or switch problem?

Thanks!

i bet its the resistor block....

Todd Z

Your problem could be similar to the blower controller failure I had on my 07 Gen 2 truck (electronic HVAC). You'll find my DIY posted in the Projects section. It's an easy fix - look at the schematic and you should be able to identify the part.

I am gathering from the prior posts that the resistor block in a generation 1 model is behind the glove box, and not in the engine compartment. Is this correct?

I am 99.99% sure it's the resistor block. I have never encountered any vehicle with missing one or more fan speeds that was not caused by a bad resistor block. That should be the first thing to check.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts