Replacing Fuel Pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had the link to the project for replacing the fuel pump? I forgot to save it last time I viewed it and I was really considering doing it soon.

OH my , sorry you went through all that work when that wasn't the problem . Lesson learned for all of us ;make sure you know for sure with out a doubt , what is wrong . Ya know , I'm an old fart and when I was a teenager we had cars and trucks you could work on and there wasn't that much too them . I'm talking 40's, 50's and 60's vehicles. I drove those older ones and while the new ones have some good safety features ,the MFG. don't want you to work on them and it's almost impossible to work on them .Fuel pumps use to run off the cam and was mounted on the side of the engine block and electric powered pumps were under the hood not in the darn gas tank . My 2.5 cents .

the Gen 2 and the 04-05 also have a fuel pump driver mounted on the back frame... its aluminum bolted to steel.... GOOD ONE FORD !!! it rots and causes all sorts of pump problems.... ALSO the wiring at the inertia switch melts.... check common things first !!