Replaced front rotors and pads now onto the back

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug H

Reaction score
Replaced the front rotors and pads today with NAPA Ultra Premium parts. That sure was easy! Hope the rear are as easy to do. I'll tackle those later this week.

I have a 2004 4X4. At 72K miles there were barely any groves on the front rotors. I could probably have had those turned without compromising the integrity of the rotors. I also jumped the gun on replacing the pads, as they seemed to have a lot of material left. I bought all new parts only because the dealer said they were getting close to needing replacing. If I had looked before buying the replacement parts, I could have waited several more miles before replacing. But, as it is I have new parts in hand so I'm replacing front and back. Hoping to have better braking feel with the replacement parts.

If anyone has any advice on replacing the rear rotors and pads, please send me a note. If they are anything like the fronts it should be very easy.

Thanks

Doug in NC

Latest posts