Remote Transmission Filter kit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Z

Reaction score
I have been reading about these filter kits, and they sound like a good thing. As everyone knows, the transmissions in the ST's have issues, and this just may help to extend the life of them. My question is - has anyone installed one on the Sport Trac? If you have, are there any issues? I supplied a link to one of these kits...

I had the Perma-Cool version of that on my last truck. I can't say how great it was, as I never had a problem. I guess that alone says something.

I have a Ford kit that is available. The Ford part number is XC3Z7B155E. It's a Motorcraft FT168. I had it installed when I had the transmission rebuilt under warranty. It retails for $82.29.

I would recommend SS braided hoses to protect from damage, especially on a 4X4. Losing the tranny line will be no picnic in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had one installed for a couple of years now. I installed it so the the filter is first in line before the coolers. It seems to work alright. My ST is going to turn over 150,000 miles pretty quick and no trans problems.Fingers crossed.lol._Ron

Latest posts