Remember the Paypal claim I had opened a while ago?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
Well it closed today... and I didn't "win". When I shipped the remote start back to the seller Canadian post tried to collect customs and duties fees. The seller refused to pay and kept refusing delivery. When it got shipped back to me I re packaged it and sent it off regular post to Canada. Well today the dispute closed with the statement "The tracking information you provided was invalid and we were unable to

confirm delivery of the item associated with this claim. As a result, the

case is now considered closed and we are unable to process a refund.

\We encourage you to work directly with the seller to find a resolution."

Thanks Paypal! Now the seller hasn't responded to any of my emails for the last week and I am out 115$. The remote start is in the mail back to his place. Paypal leaves me no way of reopening the case. I feel so cheated since I even offered to pay for the customs and duties and the seller kept ignoring me and refusing the package. I don't know how the hell Paypal can say I left invalid information when the tracking shows they made several delivery attempts and that the receiver refused the package. All I know is I am pissed off at this guy and very disappointed in Paypal. :angry:

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charge with them. I always use a CC through Paypal for an extra measure of security.

Man that sucks. Paypal also sucks, really bad. I'm surprised they decided in the sellers favor becaus Paypal usually favors the buyers.

Like somebody else mentioned if you use a credit card to pay through Paypal, you can file a chargeback with your credit card company and ALWAYS get your money back. In fact, a lot of buyers have learned this and are scamming many sellers on eBay. But, if you are a legit buyer on eBay, credit card through Paypal is the only way to go in case the seller is not legit, and Paypal is a joke.

I am beginning to really dislike paypal. I still am having a hard time getting over them telling me I gave them bogus tracking information. I also intend on leaving him a negative feedback.

I seem to remember that there was an appeals process with paypal. Maybe you should look into that.

However, cc is the only way to go. They even discourage you from using them now, so I make sure I empty out my paypal account whenever there's cash in there.

Another thing is try to avoid canadian sellers if you can buy it in the USA. Not ragging on the Canadians but Canada, being a different country does not give you the same advantages to litigate. My usual rule of thumb is consider the amount you pay to an international seller a potential loss. Keep the amounts low if possible. I have made Ebay buys from Canadian, Mexican, & British sellers but I try to limit my exposure.

The credit card is definitely a good idea for international purchases.

Whomever came up with the phrase, "The Customer Is Always Right", is probably not in business, nor should ever be. Your transaction IS an exception.

In your case believe you as the buyer are 100% in the right IMO. Not a "judgement" call by any means.

I sold a relatively expensive item via Ebay recently, using Paypal. (Around 1K)

They billed my user fees ONE DAY after it closed. Took THREE WEEKS for them to transfer funds to my payment Paypal debit card account. "Quick to bill, slow to pay". NEVER AGAIN.

Thanks for the "heads up". If I see a seller that only accepts PayPal, they "lose" MY business. DONE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts