rear window....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
the weather stripping on my rear window is peeled off. like where the window lowers, that stripping is halfway peeled off like its just hanging....how do i fix this where can i get new stripping so water doesnt get in?is there a certain stripping i have to get?

Mine did that just this past summer. I got a tube of Plummers Cement and ran a strip of it along the area that came out and stuck it back in (this is done with the window down so you can get into that area from inside the rear seat area). Put the window in the up position for a few days and it hasn't come out since. It dries clear and holds really well. It's even water resistent. It's like a $2 fix.;)

Yep. It's pretty much how it was held in in the first place. You will see a little groove in plastic moulding and on the back of the weatherstripping there will be a lip that fits right into there. All Ford did was use some contact cement and connect the two (it wont stay in just by pushing it back into the slot). By using the Plummer's Cement I just upped the holding power. It's not that bad to do. Just take your time and use a small bead of it the entire length of the weatherstripping and let it dry completely.;)

Latest posts