1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Rear window

Thread in 'Help Forum' started by Mogiddy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Mogiddy

Mogiddy Member 2nd Gen Owner 4 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

I searched everywhere I couldn’t find a thread on my problem. I have 2007 sport trac.the backstory is I noticed some rust bubbles on the rear corner on the passenger side of the cab. I wanted to check the inside to see if I could see down from the inside. I noticed the padding under the rubber flooring was wet. I ended up taking all the interior out and the entire pad was wet. I had my wife spray water on the back to find the leak. Ends up, the area where the rear window motor is is filling up with water and leaking through. 6DA19553-4291-40F0-B359-FFD51BB72C03This is where it is filling up at.
    I can’t find information on the rear window. Mine has a big gap between the window and the trim on the outside. 2CD970A4-29DC-4DBF-8BA2-229EECF6E5C3Anyone else’s have this big of a gap? From inside with the cover off to access the rear window regulator the water just pours in. Is it supposed to drain out somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. EddieS'04

EddieS'04 Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V6 Engine

Most of the Gen2 owners that have had water in the cab rear. It came from a bad seal around the cab brake light. Many had to use a new gasket with silicone sealer.

3. Mogiddy

Thanks for the response. I ran into that problem about a year ago when I noticed my headliner was wet. I replaced the light and it's not leaking.

4. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine V8 Engine

Several people have had the strip fall into the window, or tear.... open the window and see if its just folded down.....
    As for the parts, No clue, most are discontinued from ford..

5. Mogiddy

Thanks Todd. I was thinking that too. The only part I can find is for the seal on the inside. I need to find another 2nd gen to compare it to