rear plug in bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary mendelow

Reaction score
i have an 01..my second 01 by the way..the surround for the back electrical outlet in the bed is really beat up..i could epoxy but i thought i would throw it out there for a used replacement if anyone happened to have one???

also if by some miracle they are cheap from ford i would do that..otherwise it will be make do fix...

thanks everyone..as alwlays

Check the FB forum, People have parts trucks on there all the time.

Todd Z

The Sport Trac forum and sources on Facebook is a hundred times bigger and busier than this site. This site was a cat's ass before Facebook.

Quote:

"This site was a cat's ass before Facebook."

Great - and to think how I had my face in it at least 3 times a week way back when! I thought something always smelled odd when the website loaded. So, I take it that Todd Z was the true pioneer of what you could call 'Assbook'? :grin:

@gary - i'm assuming you mean the cigarette lighter plug style outlet surround. If so I could check to see if I can get mine off since I'm parting the truck out. It's got some rusty looking torx screws that might be a bear to turn after 16 years of nobody having a wrench on them.

UPDATE: Screws turned easy and so did the fasteners behind the bed wall. I suspected it wasn't going to be easy! I slipped a door panel tool behind the surround to load tension on screwhead and fastener. Partially successful backing two screws out slightly, one a no go and the 4th one backed out and then screw head popped through surround. So, that one is no good anymore. Sorry, I tried, but these old rusty Tracs here in snow/sand/salt country get eaten up and bolts don't want to come off unless you torch them red hot, then maybe, you stand a chance. Good luck finding a replacement that can be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Igor,

I get you about facebook. I dont want an account. It seems every tech site I visit. Some says', more info on facebook....including vendors...:banghead:....:angry:

What I'm saying is MST.com was the go-to place before Facebook. It still is for the projects section. The forum is slowly slowing down due to attrition of ST's and their owners. Facebook ST sources aren't as tech-friendly as this site.

hi toptobottom could not figure how to email you directly..mine is really bad..it sounds like yours would be a huge improvement and i could put some stainless washers on it and probably have a nice looking repair..do you have it off..if so, i will take it..

please let me know..thanks!!!! gary

Gary,

I got the Bed Plug Outlet off, but 2 screws would not come out and plastic broke just around the heads. Photo below) You would need to reinstall with stainless washers and new screws with speed clips or plastic push-in fasteners that already have a wide collar. Both would be available at NAPA (See photos of fasteners). If you're still wanting this it looks like it'll come to $7.25 for shipping and I won't charge for the Bed Plug Outlet.

[Broken External Image]:

4b9d7d070988099e0ee5e0654f8edf06.jpeg

a111546767819dcfc87e1688c2aff887.jpg