rear ended

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FELICIA WEST

Reaction score
i was rear ended a few weeks ago and am waiting for everything to go through the other persons insurance company to get repaired. in the meantime, i have taken the bumper cover off exposing the metal bumper. does anyone know if i should also take the wheel well plastic pieces off also? this is a picture of what it looks like right now.[Broken External Image]:

To be honest with you, I would not have removed anything. Let the insurance fix it.

D-

well, it was about to fall off anyway and looked terrible. i would hate to cause an accident to someone else from it falling off while i was driving down the road. the insurance company is going to take their time. (of course)

I was rear ended a month ago and just got her back. I would put everything back on, insurance companies/adjuster will look at thing a whole lot differently since things are off. I had 2300 in damage and needed a tail gate and rear fender not to mention the bumper. I left everything as is even when it looked bad.

That's understandable, I would not remove anything else unless it is causing an issue or possible hazard.

Have you contacted your insurance company for recommendations on how to get the other company moving on fixing your vehicle?

D-

thanks for all the input!

the insurance adjusters already looked at everything im just waiting on everything to go through. it was also falling off as it was. i just didn't want to harm anyone else from the damage hanging off. i was just wondering if the exposed wheel well plastic was going to be harmed by wind damage hanging in the open like it is?

No matter what consequential damage occurs, it was the result of the accident. I would not remove anything else unless it is causing an issue with the operation of the vehicle or potential hazard to yourself or others.

D-

When I was in a crash, I went thru my insurance company & let them deal with the other person & the other insurance company ... was out my $100 deductible, but that was given back when the claim was settled (first $100 collected came to me, then the rest to my ins. co ... it's incentive for them to get it all). This has happened twice - once was a minor fender bender that the other driver wanted to not get a report & pay himself (I did get a report right away, which I recommend to everyone !! ... the claim took 4 months to finalize, and ended uop going thru his ins. co. because he was being such a royal PITA) ... the other was when I was run off the road and totaled my '01 Trac.

Oh, just a bit of info, my insurance company is State Farm, and they have been nothing but Awesome in taking care of me ... the other insurance company in both of those crashes was (drum roll please ;) ... PROGRESSIVE ! Gee, go figure ...

Progressive:angry: on my last accident, they were pricks. Now I am dealing with safe auto:huh: on the hit on my Taurus, got the car fixed finally, still waiting on the personal injury settlement to cover my Dr type bills, and they suck also. I almost wish I would get hit by somebody with good insurance so I don't have to deal with these 3rd rate pricks.

Have a good one

Bob

Latest posts