rear camber

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Brooks

Reaction score
Hi all. At wits end! Does ANYONE on here know how to adjust rear camber on a 2007 ST? Is there an adjustable camber kit? Last year(march) I installed rear halfshafts and quick struts. I inspected the brackets and bushings, both are good. I'm tired of buying new tires every 15,000 miles. Took said truck to alignment shop after install and was told there are no adjustments. Before install, camber was not an issue. Please help!!!!!!!

204-00 Suspension System — General Information 2007 Explorer/Mountaineer/Explorer Sport Trac
GENERAL PROCEDURES
Procedure revision date: 08/02/2006
Camber Adjustment — Rear

1. Index-mark the upper arm inboard bolt to the frame.
9226644b2f870d7d7839a1d82ab04738._.jpg

1. NOTE: The upper arm inboard flagnut must be removed and replaced with a non-flagnut to allow for the adjustment of the arm in the frame slot.

Remove and discard the upper arm inboard bolt and flagnut.
    • Install a new non-flagnut.
cced70961eacdad9cf78a4a028c0e89f._.jpg

1. Using alignment equipment and the manufacturer's instructions, measure the rear camber.
  1. NOTE: The weight of the vehicle must be off of the wheels in order to adjust the rear camber.

NOTE: For camber adjustment, 1 mm (0.03 in) of movement equals 0.24 degrees of camber.

NOTE: To decrease the camber, move the upper arm inward. To increase the camber, move the upper arm outward.

Position the upper arm until the camber setting is within specification.
612a13d606810603b66a81efcfad2f68._.jpg

1. NOTE: Make sure that the camber settings are not disturbed while tightening the nut.

Tighten the upper arm inboard nut to 250 Nm (185 lb-ft).
  1. Recheck the camber settings and adjust as necessary.
  1. Check and, if necessary, adjust the rear toe.

Copyright © 2020 Ford Motor Company

You may have bad wheel bearings.... There is a camber extension kit they sell ( Rock auto) BUT I lifted my black truck dam near 3 " and never had an issue in the rear.... The front was a nightmare.....
You need a better shop....

Latest posts