Rear 60% seat catch won't hold - common problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Bond

Reaction score
I haven't been on this site is a long time - it is time I get back!! My 03' ST has had a nagging problem that I notice whenever I try to use the folding rear seats. The pass side 60% seat folds flat but won't stay there once the ST hits a few bumps in the road. I locks initially (with lots of pushing effort), but apparently isn't truly secure and pops up while driving. The 40% side works fine and has never done this.

Is this common, and is there a fix???

Tim

My 60% seat locked in the up position and the dealership had to cut it off and then replace the tie down and the plastic back where they nicked it. Not shure about the not locking down. Did you look under the seat if anything is holding it up?

I've always had to sit on mine to get it to latch; thought that was normal. I'm 160 lbs. and it sometimes requires a little bouncing.

I have an 04, mine has never came unlatched. True have to push a bit to get latched but not to where I need to sit and bounce to do it. Sounds like Tim has a faulty latch on the one side. Maybe warranty will cover it?

Yes, I also have to push real hard on my seat to get it to catch, but it won't stay caught. A few bumps and it releases again...

Thanks for the comments, sounds like I need to make a visit to the dealer...

Tim

Latest posts