Rant time: Freeeway madness

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South Florida should be on the list of where to find bad drivers. Word to the wise 'Stay away from driving in Miami. Florida if you can help it" -

1.Drivers make turns without using turn signals - seems like this is now an option on cars, it is there but we don't use it.

2. When I merge you are in my way so move over, I have the right of way.

3. You are not suppose to overtake me, if you try I will speed up.

4. Pull out in front of you and go at a snails pace, you are at fault if you run up my back****.

Just a few.

P.J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks in Houston need to chill out and watch Ling-Ling eat bamboo at the National Zoo webcam......:wub:

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, Tom.

Ling Ling and baby Ling Ling are playing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checkitout dawgs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

Read a news story on a report a couple of weeks ago that said something like 90% of all automobile accidents were caused by distracted drivers - cell phones, makeup, kids, food, flying insects, pets, reading, and even changing the radio/CD player were all on the list. I know when I was stationed in England it was illegal to eat or drink while driving (a friend's daughter got busted by the bobbies for drinking a Mountain Dew is how we found out).

BTW, I'd drive anytime/anywhere in Germany - those people know the laws of the road. Wouldn't drive in Italy or France on a bet (In Italy I once saw 6 cars abreast going in the same direction on a 6-lane autostrada - 3 of them were passing using the opposite-traffic lanes).

Must explain why so many European cars don't come with cupholders - so as to not encourage the driver to eat or drink while in the vehicle.

Another frightening prospect are people with in-dash DVD players. We know it is easy on most models to disable the safety feature, allowing DVD's to be played while the car is moving. Want to talk about distracted drivers??

I love driving... It's the other people on the road I hate!!! lol

Rodger, I hear ya! When I drive to L.A. & back every year to go to Long Beach, the WORST drivers are in Stockton! But once you get to L.A., they KNOW how to drive in trafffic at speed. I have no problems driving down there, but once I get back up here to Sac, the insanity begins again...

In trying to keep from road raging too badly and telling these 'flatliners' that they're #1, I now keep a California Driver's Handbook in the door pocket, and I wave that at them and point at them and then the book, like 'You need to read this, it will help you!!" That usually pisses 'em off worst than flipping them off, and it's not illegal. And I LIKE driving in Italy. Done it on a couple of occasions, and they drive like I do, so I'm happy over there! They pass on curves. They pass in tunnels. They pass on curves IN tunnels!!! I LOVE IT, YA!

And I don't think I'll EVER be able to drive in Germany... It's a $500 fine for using 'gestures' towards other drivers. It would cost me MILLIONS of euros to drive there!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts