Radio swap

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Hurd

Reaction score
I have a 02 St with a pioneer 6 disc CD system. I would like to swap it out with a aftermarket stereo, but the wiring harness that I was told I needed didn't fit at all. Does anyone know where I can find the appropriate harness or where I can find a wiring diagram to make the connections myself. Thanks

Crutchfield is usually good about having wiring harnesses that hook into existing systems. I'd start there.

They do make special harnesses, The ISSUE is the amp, if you don't install a special harness or custom resistor it will "pop" every time you turn on the radio.

Todd Z

Crutchfield, Love those guys . . . Resistor ? I gotta get one of those. I replaced the stock stereo with a KenWood DPX500BT (if I remember correctly). Again, all I replaced was the head unit and the sound that comes out of the speakers is WOW! Could be better, but what a diff., and the sub . . . not too loud but that thing can hit, the low ring with the deep stuff . . . Nuts to think it's all stock !