Radio not bright enough

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaw900r

Reaction score
Is there any fix for the radio or being bright? After I fixed truck you couldn't see anything almost then it was bright when night came. Now no matter day/night you can barely see what station you are on. I like the radio it does everything I need and sounds good.

Take your thumbs and push on both sides of the display cover.... if it gets bright, the LCD is loose inside or failing.... time for a new radio.... this is becoming another ST Common issue.....

Will try it tmrw. Everything works and sounds good. I called a shop here and they said it has to be sent out and would cost almost $400. If I get 1 that has factory navigation will it hook up or do I need to have software on car reprogrammed?

Went out this morning and it was working. Came out after work and couldn't see anything. Remembered what you said and pushed against both corners of display and it was visible again. Is this heat related like when it gets warm in car it separates and is this something that is fixable since that worked? t/u

warm in car it separates and is this something that is fixable
Not by common person. Displays nowdays most driven by a carbon impregnated like sponge connector. With age some shrink. I have never had any luck getting them to reset. When I have taken a modern display off of anything. I was an instrument tech for 25yrs. You might find screws on the face plate to thighten. In the old days, they were connected by a ribbon cable.
There are shops out there that repair or exchange factory units.

Factory units online are 90 bucks now a days.... Or just go aftermarket..... Fixing usually doesn't work as Eddie said.

Not without a lot of work. The wiring and antennas and else takes a ton hours to install.