Radio LCD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETER PEARCE

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the LCD unit within their radio ??

The stereo works fine just the LCD is out and Im wondering if its worth trying to change it.

Do you think I could get the part from Ford or would I have to get it from a stereo shop?

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Pete

I've changed the BULB in several Ford radios, the single-DIN models, back in the 90's. Isn't it just the backlight bulb in yours that's out? Can't you still see the LCD's if you look closely or with a flashlight? The bulbs I used came from Ford, #37's I believe, maybe even smaller though.

EDIT:

Further reading indicates a possible cold solder joint failure in these radios. Repair prices in the $125 range, replace it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read several messages regarding the LCD lighting on the '05 ST radio bezel.

Mine started to dim for no reason at all. I few taps on the faceplate, usually returned the lighting to its correct level of brightness. The tapping has progressed in frequency and intensity.:banghead:

Now it doesn't illuminate at all. :cry:

I bought a Lisle radio removal tool (U shaped wire) and attempted to pull the radio out and check for shorts, dirt, corrosion, etc. But when I attempted to pull the radio out, the LCD came back on...to a nice bright intensity ! But the radio would not come out.

I was able to remove the U tool but then the LCD faded out.

I tried numerous times to pull the radio out of the dash using the tools but no success.

Still no LCD on the bezel.:angry:

Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts