Quick Question...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Maguire

Reaction score
hey guys so i have been looking around lately for stuff with my 03' sport trac and i have some money to spend but not thousands. Anyway i have been looking at new headers and exhaust manifolds to replace the OEM i have now. my question is, does anyone recommend a certain brand of headers or manifolds? are there some i should avoid? is it worth it? would i need to change or add anything if i get these? i think thats it. thanks guys.

ALSO. if buying new headers and all would i have to get bigger piping to run? and is it better to get long tubed headers or short? i have the feeling if i go with long tubes they wont fit and will be to long. Thanks Again.

The consensus is "not worth it." Never got far enough to know anything about brands or anything else about them. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Shorty headers only fit. There is no gain.

go with an RT-ypipe from sponsor zabteck. and you choice of cat back exhaust. I like my magna-flow.

funny thing happened to me at the market. If some headers dont increse power.

I learned to like my rusted manifolds........:bwahaha:

As far as I know, JBA is the only company that makes headers for us and therefore they are pricey. Also the stock manifolds flow pretty well. Get a Random Tech Y-pipe, high-flow cat, and a cat-back exhaust and don't worry about the headers.

Latest posts