Quick Intro

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow ST owners. I am brand new to the ST and wanted to find a good forum to tap into your knowledge of all things Sport Trac. I just picked up a 2001 2wd with almost 200k on it. Runs perfectly. and the best part is I paid $600 for it.

Quick question (many to follow) what is a Job1 or Job 2 under the 2001 ST?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Bill

Job 1 was the first release of the truck and after making some fairly major modifications they refer the subsequent builds as Job 2.

The easiest was to tell which you have is to find the engine oil fill tube and determine which side of the engine it is on. If the fill is on the driver's side, it is a Job1 Trac. It the fill tube is on the passenger side, it is a Job2. Job2 began in the middle of the 2001 model year and all subsequent years of Gen1 Trac's are Job2s

At the left of this site's web page, you should find a FAQ link. There should be a more thorough list of differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another easy way to tell the difference between Job-1 and Job-2 Sport Tracs: Look at the sticker in the drivers side door jam and find the date the vehicle was built. Build dates earlier than June 24, 2000 are all Job-1's. Sport Tracs built after June 24, 2000 are Job-2's.

The year "2000" is not a typo....They actually started selling "2001" model year Sport Tracs in February or March of "2000".

...Rich

Is $600 a typo? Hard to believe you got it at that price! I recently purchased an

'03 for 6K.

FYI the last generation 1 was 2005, no Trac for 2006, resumed in

2007 with Gen 2 and discontinued building it AFTER 2010.:grin:

Latest posts