Question regarding 16" Factory Sport Trac Wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Boer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Ford Escape and Ford Ranger rims fit the Sport Tracs? I am looking to install the Factory 16" aluminum five spoke rims that are 16 x 7 and have the 255/70R16 tire for the Sport Trac. There is a very similar factory five spoke rim that the Ranger and Escape use and is also 16 x 7, but uses a 235/70R16. They all have the same bolt pattern (5 x 4.5), but I am concerned that my speedometer/odometer will be off if I install 235 instead of 255 tires. Also is there a difference with the offset?

Any info would be very helpful as the Escape/Ranger/Explorer five spoke rims are much easier to come by than the Sport/Sport Trac rims.

Also, if anyone has a set of the five spoke Sport Trac Rims with tires that they are interested in selling please let me know. Thanks.

Ranger rims always fit. Not sure about the Escape, though.

I went from P255/70 to P275/70 and, believe it or not, my speedometer is now accurate (based upon testing with the GPS speed reading). For whatever reason, my Trac always showed a slower speed than it actually was traveling.

I tried a set of Escape rims on my old ST. The bolt pattern and offset were good but the center hole in the rim was too small diameter for the ST hub. I ended up with a set of ebay Ranger FX4 rims.

I also made the 235 to 255 upsize. The change did effect the speedo as well as hurt acceleration/shifting. I'm sure a tuner could have remedied everything but I never got that far.

I have a set of the factory 16" wheels. I will sell for $125 each. These were taken off after a

month. i am now have 16" with the 275-60-16.

I'm in Atlanta. Where are you located?