• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Plastic side cover on drivers seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alyson Bolin

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new here and hopefully can get some answers. I am wanting to fix a cosmetic issue on the manual seat of my 02 sport trac I recently purchased from my neighbor. She's a bit on the hefty side so her sliding in & out of the drivers seat eventually broke the plastic connector That attaches the plastic side cover where the reclining handlebar is. It just flops around and looks horrible. Is there a way to replace it or fix it? Or do I have to buy another seat?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can buy the plastic part and swap it out if its still available....

BUT I can post a pic of how I fixed mine cheaply and quickly if you like.

When I was bigger I broke that dam thing too....LOL

Todd Z

Todd, if it is a real fix I would like to see a pic too.:supercool: I have the same problem on my '05 and the part is no longer available new anywhere.. the only difference for me is mine has the power seat controls.

Here you go.... The screws are in where the small screws hold in the metal clips. EXCUSE the holes, I tried zip ties back in the day.....

So you need something about 2 inch or so long, Remove the factory small screws, drill thew holes and run in the new screws from the outside..... Use washers if desired.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts