Pics of my new exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
I had my exhaust redone this morning and wanted to share.:D I previously had it exiting before the passenger side rear tire, but it was rather loud and annoying for my taste. I reused the same Magnaflow muffler and had it placed as far back as possible, then routed the same tip through the side of the bumper. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but I need to clean up the edges of the cutout a little more, or I might try to find something to trim the edges out.

I still might go back and have a hi-flo cat added in, I currently have none and the exhaust tends to be a bit smelly. The shop was out of the size I needed, so he couldn't do it this morning. All in all, it only cost me $60 today though!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

DAAAAAAANG that looks SIIIIIICK

PROPS

I am going to go with the set up that you had just before, with the tip in front of the rear wheel.

Very nice! Hope it holds up for you. It's great to be different.

Gary D.

Jeff, I really like the dual tip, pricey, buy sweet. I might consider that when I redo my system all stainless steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, have you seen the price on that tip? The've come down a bit, they were 299.99 when I first saw them several years ago!

There's no real need to worry about the plastic, as long as it doesn't touch. The tip doesn't put off that much heat. There was a small spot that it melted on the back edge, because when it heats up the exhaust expands back about 1/4" and my clearance was a little tight there. I cleaned it up and gave it a little extra clearance and all seems good now. We also put a hanger real close to the tip to keep it from moving too much while driving though. The work my exhaust guy does doesn't flop around like a lot of the setups I see.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The wheels are 20x8, but I had to have adapters made to fit them. They're the wrong bolt pattern and offset, but I got too good of a deal to pass them up, plus they're one of the nicest looking wheels I've found!:D:cool:

Looks good,

Worst case you open the hole a little down the road....

But it shouldn't melt it if they have a small air gap...

Good job !!

Todd Z

Is that tip something you purchased or did your exhaust guy fab that up for you. that is the exact tip that I am looking for.

There was a really cool setup on a Black trac that appeared to be a "homemade" Harley Davidson edition..(One of my fav Trac's out there) Had single's coming out of both bumpers in the same location (one on each side).. He had a ring around his tip.. maybe someone who knows the one I'm referring to can chime in with a pic..

Nice. Real clean.

I was thinking of something like this, but, instead, I dropped the exhaust tip on a rock and I now have a custom-molded bumper cover ;-)

Latest posts