Painting the stock rims.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Reed 2

Reaction score
hey guys i just wanted to ask what you all thought about painting the stock rims on the ST black. I personally like the rim and i dont think that i should buy new ones when i can just paint them. i think that they would look pretty good, especially with the whole black theme of the truck. any suggestions on how i should do it?

This has been done before but IMO it looked horrible. I did not see them in person, only in pictures, so maybe they are better in person or could be done better.

I have my doubts about all black. Maybe just the spokes? Could you try putting black duct tape on parts of the wheels and take photos from 20 feet away? It might give you a rough idea.

yea i was thinking painting everything black, the spokes, cap, and everything EXCEPT the FORD emblem. that was my plan at first sorry i didnt explain.

I've seen two Rangers around here with black-painted stock rims, one with five spokes and the other with deer hoofs, IMHO they both look like crap.