Paint Warranty?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris smith 5

Reaction score
I noticed about 8 months ago -only days before I had to deploy, and only days before my 3 yr 36k warranty expired- that I can see through the paint on the drivers side door, and the drivers side passenger door. In the sunlight its painfully obvious. Looks like the primer is brown. Now I'm back and as I washed the truck I'm noticing more and more brown fade on the drivers side.

Im at 45K miles on an 08'

What is Fords paint warranty?

I think it only covers "rust through", 5 years and 100k. I got my entire F-250 resprayed because of rust! You'll have to check the warranty book that came with the truck and see whats covered. Then make an appointment with you dealer. You may have to go as far as contacting Ford directly(#'s are in your owners handbook) to see if they can resolve it for you. Bob

My 07 was about the same thing. They repainted it before the 36 months was out. It

all depends on the dealer. If there is a problem ask to see a factory rep.

I have an '07 and my warranty manual says "sheet metal that is perforated due to corrosion" is covered for 5 years and unlimited mileage. I noticed about a month ago that I have two spots where my clearcoat and paint is crackling... one my hood and a half dollar size on the roof...one on my hood is peeling down to sheet metal. Then on my tailgate where the indention goes all the way across at the bottom, the clearcoat is gone and is going onto flat part of tailgate. Some of that paint is wore off as well. I'm going over to ford when i get off to talk to someone about it. When i googled the issue, it appears to be a big issue with 04-08 explorers and expeditions as well. I'll also talk to them about my radiator that has been leaking for several months and has no reason to be after only 4 years. There has been a TSB for both issues.

If other people are having these problems they really need to call and complain. That's the only way anything will get done. I am NOT a happy Ford customer right now and never thought I would say that. Everything we have ever owned has gone above and beyond what it should have. My '96 explorer that was 11 yrs old when i totaled her had a better paint job and better quality than this thing. I just hope it all works out...

Latest posts