PAC FRD03-AUX/S - Auxiliary Input for 2004-05 ST 6CD Changer Radios

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
For sale: (1) PAC FRD03-AUX/S - Auxiliary Input for 2004-05 ST 6CD Changer Radios (I'm also throwing in the 2 RCA to 3.5mm jack, all gold plated, so you can hook up to your MP3 player, GPS, etc.)

$45 shipped ($65 on eBay; $75 from most online etailers)

Note that some time ago when I was uninstalling and reinstalling this, I broke the unhook portion of the tabs from the plugs (see 3d photo). As you can see in photos 4 and 5, however, the remainder of the tabs remain, and when installed in the radio, clip into place and keep the cables from coming out. To uninstall the cables, you need to use a screw driver to push down on the tabs. (In other words, I broke off the tiny part where you would press down--I pulled up--moron.)

Installation instructions are listed below. To use it, turn on the radio, hit SAT, and you're ready to roll. The screen will show "AUX" and a number (that coincides with the SAT channel; ignore the number).

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

For install information, see: http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/AuxiliaryInput.pdf

For technical information (and other vehicles it fits), see: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd03auxs.html

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean will it work with an external (portable) CD player--yes. Just plug the 3.5mm jack into the headphone or auxiliary out on the unit.

If you mean auto CD players, it only will work with the stock head unit in the following vehicles:

#

IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES:

# NOT compatible with the rear seat entertainment system option installed.

# MUST have the "SAT" button on radio

# MUST have the 16-pin and 24-pin "Phase II" style connector configuration to be compatible. (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

# NOT compatible with the factory satellite system option installed.

# If your vehicle is pre-wired from the factory with a data cable running to the rear/trunk, see FRDW-AUX

# NOT compatible with vehicles with factory navigation system.

* Ford 2005-2006 Crown Victoria

* 2004-2007 Escape (16-pin & 24-pin "Phase II" style connectors only - for 20-pin connector, see FRDN-AUX/S) (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

* 2006 Escape Hybrid (16-pin & 24-pin "Phase II" style connectors only - for 20-pin connector, see FRDN-AUX/S) (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

* 2004-2006 Expedition (16-pin & 24-pin "Phase II" style connectors only - for 20-pin connector, see FRDN-AUX/S) (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

* 2004-2005 Explorer (16-pin & 24-pin "Phase II" style connectors only - for 20-pin connector, see FRDN-AUX/S) (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

* 2004 Mustang

* 2004-2005 Sport-Trac

* 2004-2005 Thunderbird

Lincoln

* 2004-2005 Aviator

* 2004-2005 LS

* 2004-2005 Navigator

* 2005-2006 Town Car

Mercury

* 2005 Grand Marquis

* 2005-2006 Mariner (16-pin & 24-pin "Phase II" style connectors only - for 20-pin connector, see FRDN-AUX/S) (See Note #2) on 'Installation Notes and Explanations' page.

* 2004-2005 Mountaineer

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts