P0300 Code - engine missing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OvalSports

2010 Adrenalin
Reaction score
Started feeling the engine miss at stop lights and the engine light popped on with code P0300.
Plugs & coils were changed about 20k ago and I went ahead changed the fuel filter even though fuel pressure is stable between 40-43psi.

Anyone experience this on a 2nd gen 4.6?

How many miles? Were the coil packs OEM ford units? If not, I’d start there. If they were… could be fuel injectors, VCT solenoid(s), or phaser(s).

My stock injectors started acting up around 190k miles fwiw.

On my 97 f150 5.4, if i didnt use motorcraft or msd coils, they wouldnt last but about 15k-20k miles before they would start acting up. It would start off as an occasional.misfire at idle that would get worse till the coil went completely out. Msd and motorcraft couls would last from 50k-65k before they would start having problems. Money well spent to buy msd or motorcraft coils. Around $280 for the set of 8 msd blaster coil packs. I never ran the msd street fire coil packs, so i cant attest to them. They are about $30 a set cheaper. Those and autolite double platinum or ngk iridium ix plugs have given me the longest service life. Truck shows 303k on the clock, and the clock quit working over 10 years ago. Probably closer to 425k now. Only reason im not driving it now is it has a bad head gasket and needs front end rebuilt. But the old green machine still cranks and moves. I really wish the 4.0 sohc was a v6 version of the 5.4/4.6...kinda like the 4.3 vortech is basic a 350 sbc minus the 2 rear cylinders. Atleast on the 5.4/4.6, you can replace the entire timing system without pulling the engine!

Also, clean the maf and the throttle body very good. And check the rubberboots were the vacuum hoses attach. Accidentally bumped one of the lines loose when i was recharging my ac on my f150, and that sucker would lope like it had a b-cammed 351 under the hood!

Latest posts