overhead console wiring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forum so if I am not posting correctly let me know. I need help with wiring the overhear console. I have a 2004 that did not have the overhead console but I picked up a 2001 that did. The harness on the 2001 plugged in under the dash but the 2004 does not. I found the plug in the headliner above the rear drivers side but it only had 2 wires a positive and ground.It has the plug in front of the radiator for the temp sensor. I am not good at electrical and was wondering how I would go about finding the other wires. P:S:It also had the screw hole for attaching the bracket to the roof. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Projects section<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WELCOME TO THE SITE !!!!

http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/OverheadConsole/overheadconsole.html

Well I finally got it installed! I ran into a a problem. I triple checked the wiring and it still did not work, readout and map lights. I had it grounded under the dash where I have my aftermarket fog lights grounded. For giggles I tried grounding somewhere else and vwala it all worked!:banana::supercool: Thanks for the help!

Latest posts