Ouch! That hurts!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I thought you were getting rid of the 4runner?"

lease has ended and have to move on.

still have it until the new brute arrives :driving::banana:

Hemi vs 3.5 even, in a real test I would hope that the Durango wins. FWIW it's about time Dodge revamped the looks of the Durango. While the Durangos have alwasy been uglier than sin the new ones actually don't look to bad...I guess that's because they are built off of the Grand Cherokee platform

I think the tug of war between the Durango and Explorer was more of comparison of tire traction than pulling power. I think we all know that FWD has less pulling power and traction than RWD, and certainly less than 4WD.

I am certainly not appolgizing for Ford, nor do I think it's a conspiracy. Ford decided to change direction of the 2011 Explorer and that may or may not have been a wise move? We probably won't know the answer for a few more years yet. But, the Explorer was never built for brute force pulling power, and that's probably why you will never see Ford or anybody make FWD only, heavy duty truck.

Dodge if free to choose their battles, but I wonder how that Hemi would compare with the 3.5 Explorer in fuel mileage?? I think most Soccer Moms could care less about the towing power of the vehicle. They would read the EPA fuel mileage sticker and buy the Explorer.

...Rich

I saw the commercial on TV yesterday now, and saw the small print at the bottom of the screen. It said that the model used is the Citadel, which is the top line Durango which starts at $42k for RWD and $44k for AWD. Included is a 3.5L V6 engine, and the RWD is rated up to 23mpg Highway. The website doesn't list the MPG for the $2,000 5.7L option Hemi...

Anyone know what trim level the Explorer in the commercial is?

I think a reply commercial should be the consumer holding in the credit report in his hand - On one hand the Dodge Credit Report that shows Multiple Bankruptcy, Hundreds of late payments and credit charge offs including a write off to the American people from the Fiat purchase of a Billoin Dollar LOSS and then the credit report for Ford showing years and years of solid pay history, profitable years, and no Bankruptcy... just my thoughts... one person with both vehicles in the background and in the foreground the buyer looking at the credit bureaus for each and makinging his decision on facts -

anyone remember notice the stand alone branding for RAM? Even the truck people want to be excluded from that mess...

SuperCharged SVT,

I think a reply commercial should be the consumer holding in the credit report in his hand - On one hand the Dodge Credit Report that shows Multiple Bankruptcy, Hundreds of late payments and credit charge offs including a write off to the American people from the Fiat purchase of a Billoin Dollar LOSS and then the credit report for Ford showing years and years of solid pay history, profitable years, and no Bankruptcy

VERY GOOD POINT !!!

...Rich

The U.S. Treasury noted that it committed a total of $12.5 billion to the Old Chrysler and Chrysler Group under TARPs Automotive Industry Financing Program, and up until now, has received back a little over $11.2 billion through principal repayments, interest, and cancelled commitments - meaning out of work people and un paid American product workers. This means, U.S. taxpayers lost around $1.3 billion.

So just jump right up there and buy your Durango! Or the made in America Pilot - those profits run back to Japan to pay those workers for the parts made as soon as the check clears - :soap:

The episode of the American Top Gear where the Ford pulls a several hundred ton train along a track would have made for a far more impressive commercial, assuming the dodge could even do that. I have my doubts, but if they wanted to pull something impressive another, better car was not the proper choice.

If Dodge wanted to impress us by towing a Ford "against its will" (and cheat), then why didn't they go for the gold and have the Durango pull a Ford Expedition or another Ford which is much larger than the Durango? My first thought, unsubstantiated, is that the Durango couldn't do that, even cheating as it did here. :grin:

Also, 23 MPG in this day and age is pathetic. Especially when Dodge expects me to pay over $40,000 dollars to get it.

Well....Dodge///Chrysler.....what can I say except junk.......I would be ashamed to be seen in one.

I don't take any of these things seriously. Just a silly add. Freedom of speech!

"Well....Dodge///Chrysler.....what can I say except junk.......I would be ashamed to be seen in one"

not a huge chrysler fan, but you have to admit this thing is not a jeep :driving:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts