OT: Nike to drop Michael Vick

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When was the last time you heard about a cat waking up it's owner because their home was on fire?

Actually, recently a cat called 911 to save its owner from a house fire.

Tom

The bottom line is that animals, such as pets (and many refer to pets as family, like myself), depend on us to survive. Granted yes, in extreme situations, animals use their instinct too. But what Vick and his cohorts did was force these dogs into their instinctual survival mode, and then slaughtered them for not being able to survive as the toughest.

It would be like dropping a specially trained group of military in the middle of a "hot zone", with no way out, and telling them to fight their way out. Then, if a few come back wounded, and having not killed an enemy, we execute them. Sounds sick doesn't it?

And Alan B, thank you. It is men like you that make all of us citizens proud to support our military.

Thanks Dingo. I was not sure why the cat called 911, but I remember reading about it.

Gavin, again thinks for another cat link.

Personally, I do not like cats. IMO, they are worthless pets, but there are people out there that love them

Alan, you could alsoi use a rat to sniff out bombs.

Tom

Why would he want to use a rat? They are not very cuddly or photogenic. It is just easier to kill a rat than it is to put it on a leash or let it ride with you in your Trac with its head sticking out the window, tongue hanging out in the breeze! :lol:

Alan, I do appreciate your service and I also appreciate CiCi's service to you and our country. :wub:

Cute cuddly pets are never worthless. Tarantulas, snakes, and iguanas are all worthless pets! The more ugly they are, the more worthless they are! Why would anyone want a reptile or an insect for a pet? :unsure:

My cuddly Rusti:

[Broken External Image]:

Another cuddly pet and his cuddly owner:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Col. Javier Cifuentes, who oversees the project, said the rats' success rate in mine detection is 96 percent. Unlike dogs, the rats weigh a lot less and therefore don't trigger explosions.

Yea, but rats are ugly and do not deserve to live.

Tom

huh?? The bible banger saying its OK to kill everything except humans and the stirer (mirror ;)) saying if it's good for a mosquito it's good for a dog.

One of them, Tom, I don't believe would think of hurting an animal (as opposed to a bug) but the other? I'm not so sure. Them thumpers have some strange ideas sometimes.

Anyway - TJR stirred up some stuff here didn't he? :eek: And all but two posts seem to have missed what the actual problem is. It's not that he killed anything, it's that he ran an illegal fighting kennel and was cruel to the animals.

And Gavin, cats only serve two purposes - chocking wheels and fur lining fenderwells.

alan beaulieu,

I have been trying to think of something to add to what you have said, but can't. You nailed it.

Be safe when you are back in Iraq! God Bless.

Rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, my .02 cents.

In this case, it happens to be a NFL player. Does that change things? In my opinion, yes it does. Why, because he is what kids look up to and learn from. So the difference in this case needs to be handled from the NFL.

By that, if Joe Schmo did this he would be equally as wrong/guilty as any NFL player and should be treated exactly the same in the eyes of the law. Once the legal aspect is done with the individual, then in the case of the NFL player I feel the NFL should also set down a punishment. Once again, this is because they are such a public figure and kids idolize and learn from them.

I also do not feel there is any real difference in the fact it was a dog over a cat, chicken or cow. Animals, with rare exception, do not put themselves in bad spots. We do that for them. We need to respect animals to a large degree. Not abuse them.

True, cats and dogs are our pets and thus seems to be viewed differently. But if I was to have a pet worm and I loved it with all my heart just like Larue did/does his recently lost pet, what would be the difference.

True, it would not be the norm for someone to have a worm as a pet. Bottom line, it is still an animal and can not protect itself from us humans, we need to do that for them.

Why are we trying to make this a dog, cat, turkey, cow thing?! The point is (as it has been stated a few times) his activities were illegal. Period!!!! If we're saying he shouldn't be punished for the crime he committed then we have problems.

Curtis asked:
Why are we trying to make this a dog, cat, turkey, cow thing?! The

Because this is my thread and I made it such a "thing" since the first post with it's satirical, faked news report (which I am wondering if few even read, and if fewer even understood the irony).

TJR

TJR,

I understood the irony. They will drop Vic for being cruel to animals, YET the re releasing a new line of LEATHER shoes.

Leather is made out of animal skin.

Tom

Yea, but rats are ugly and do not deserve to live.

Tom, one of the problems with rats is that they carry and spread disease. Domesticated rats may be a different story but the New York type rat is problematic for people.

Spaceman,

A "wild" cat, or "wild" dog can carry a disease. That is why we give shots to our dogs and cats to prevent them from getting those diseases.

Does that mean Rats are worth less than a dog is?

I am not talking about our view of them. I am talking aboput their own view of life. Do they value their life less than a dog does? Does a rat not care if it lives or dies?

I hardly think not. Corner a rat and you are going to get bit because that rat wants to live.

Tom

Latest posts