Original owner 2001 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankHagan

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Back in 2001 I bought my Sport Trac and used it as a daily driver for a few years. My job changed and was a 45 minute drive, so the Sport Trac was ignored except for weekend hauling and short trips just to keep it running. It has lived outside for most of it's life, but only has 115,000 miles. I retired last year and just sold my commuter car. The Sport Trac resumes it's place as my primary car.

Several projects are in the works now. I refurbished the leather steering wheel with Color Bond matching paint just today, and it looks great. I started work on installing a "rearview mirror" dash cam with backup camera. I won't be installing it on my rear view mirror; instead I'm building a "console extension" to house it. I'd like to refinish the wheels and get the car repainted - you can see in the photo of the front how damaged the paint is from the sun on the top of the doors and top of the body side molding. But maybe I'll try to do the wheels myself.

Anyway, I found this site by looking for advice on hard wiring the dash cam with backup camera.

Attachments

• new-taillight.jpg
    new-taillight.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ST-01-22-2022.jpg
    ST-01-22-2022.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums!
Good lookin' SportTrac there; TLC on a few specific items, it could be as good, even better than new.

Thanks. I used the forum for info on wiring back up cameras. I'll probably add a post on what I did as there were some questions I answered through a lot of research. I was able to hard wire it using two of the empty fuse locations (one hot all the time, one in ACC mode).

The ST is in pretty good shape for a 22 year old car!

Welcome !!! Lots of knowledgeable folks here willing to help.

Latest posts