OEM GPS Antenna on Roof?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbluther

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 Limited V8. There appears to be a stock GPS antenna on the roof on the passenger side. However, there's an aftermarket stereo installed (without navigation) so I don't know what the antenna is for. It appears navigation was not, or a very rare, option for 2007.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I added navigation to my '10, the install kit came with an adapter to split the antenna lead to supply both Sirius and navigation. Apparently the roof antenna is for both.

That sounds interesting, rmac. What install kit was that? Did it allow the antenna to work with standard GPS units?

I bought the install kit from OemAutoPartsCo.Com. The kit is used to install an OEM nav unit in a non-nav vehicle that came with a factory disc player. I eventually decided to go with a Kenwood after market setup, but the splitter (Ford part # 9L3Z-10E928-A) worked fine with it as well. The part number indicates it originated for the '09 models, so I'd check to make sure it will work with your '07. It is kind of pricey, Ford msrp is about $170, but it can be bought for less if you look around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accessing that antenna is through the headliner. Former Ford tech linked below has a lot of good videos on all kinds of repairs, including how to get to that antenna. Search his channel.

Latest posts