no horn

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hi folks, after replacing the cruise control buttons, the horn wont blow. the fuses are ok. I removed the air bag and can not see anything for the hornto plug into. There is a wire coming from the air bag to the steering column but I don't see anything for the horn. Does any body have a parts blow up so I can see where the horn plugs in. The manual doesn't show anything.
Thanks guys Ed

Ed, my ford manual doesnt' show a blow up, as to see an explanation. The one pic is a drawing with the air bag removed. I understand what im looking at because I have been in to it twice. I remember how the horn switch components are set-up.
Without a good pic or breakdown drawing , I would have a hard time explaining what could be wrong.
As a retired intrument tech. My rule of thumb is if it was working before disasembly. I always, look at it again or reverse what I did, and study very carefully.
Not trying to call down your competence. Sorry this is beating you up.
I have an idea,though. Buy me a ticket to Hawaii. We will pray, then I will fix it for you.....Kidding. I will pray for a new insperation for you...
I wonder if Steve can find more online, thru the scribd account he has.

Eddie, I'll get the ticket in the mail as soon as I can. Meanwhile, lets both pray. Maybe it is the solenoid!
God bless Ed

I wonder if Steve can find more online, thru the scribd account he has.
Ebscohost changes user ID and passwords every quarter. I sent a PM to my friend who has the account. I'd help if I could, but my XLS wasn't equipped with cruise control, and doubt I'd ever use it on this tiny island. LOL

What is a clock spring, and how do I tell if it is bad?

The clock spring is what all the electrical connections right on from the steering wheel to the steering wheel column so that the steering wheel can rotate clockwise and counterclockwise and still make electrical contacts
You may have installed the clock spring up side down or in the wrong position or forgot to plug the wire to the horn into the bottom part or the top part of the clock spring

Latest posts